Sunday, September 30, 2007

the call of the ice.

it's that time again.

in forty-five minutes, I leave for sea-tac airport, headed to denver for orientation for what will be my third season at mcmurdo station, antarctica. lord willing and the creek don't rise, I should be on-ice this coming saturday, 6 october. (that's 5 october for all of you on this side of the international date line.)

my birthday on thursday will be spent flying from auckland to christchurch early in the morning, then celebrating in christchurch upon arrival, probably involving some combination of a ginger beer at the dux de luxe, purchasing a bag of RJ's soft eating licorice at a convenience store, and browsing for thrift-store treasures at toff's on columbo avenue.

I made sure to get out yesterday in some true seattle weather -- drizzly and cool -- with my housemates' border collie mix annie. here we are at seward park.




















be well, everyone -- I'll write when I hit the ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home